Terms and Conditions
Camp Thunderbird, Inc. is referred to as "Camp" and “Camp Thunderbird”
And “Thunderbird” throughout this document.
As the participant or legal guardian of a minor attending family camp, in consideration of the services of Camp Thunderbird, Inc., its officers, directors, employees, and agents, and all other persons or entities associated with that business (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Camp Thunderbird”), agree as follows:
1. Deposit is $450 and due at time of registration. The remaining balance must be submitted no later than April 15th. In the event of registration after April 15th, payment will be due in full at the time of registration.
2. All checks for deposits and payments should be made payable to: Camp Thunderbird, Inc. and mailed to the St. Louis office address (802 De Mun Avenue, St. Louis MO 63105). All PayPal payments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A PayPal fee applies. See Payment Schedule above for details.
3. All payments, less the deposit of $450, will be refunded should the reservation be canceled prior to June 1st. No refunds will be given after June 1st.
4. Camp reserves the right to dismiss, without refund, any person whose behavior is determined by the Camp, in its sole discretion, to be unacceptable or harmful to self or the community.
5. Camp reserves the right to use photographs/videos/writing of our family camp participants for promotional purposes. By submitting this Application, you hereby consent to the use of your photograph, likeness or videotape for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without further notice and/or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
6. Activities normally associated with family camp take place in a variety of settings as determined by Camp personnel. By submitting this Application, you hereby grant all participants included in this application permission to participate in these activities. You understand and agree that Camp does not accept responsibility or liability for any injury or accident incurred during you or your child's participation in such activities and hereby voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish all claims against Camp and its officers, directors, and employees that your child and you may have for or arising out of any such injury or accident.
7. Basic medical services from Camp medical staff are included in cost of family camp. This does not include: the cost of prescription medicines, cost of evacuation from a trip (gas, meals, hotel, etc.), to/from a medical care outside of camp including, but not limited to: specialist services or hospital care.
8. You agree that the Camp Director and authorized Camp staff act "in loco parentis" while your child is in residence at family camp and, therefore, has the authority to act and/or consent on behalf of your child in any decision relating to the health, program or safety of your child should you not be able to be reached. Immediate and reasonable attempts will be made to notify a parent/guardian first.
9. Camp reserves the right to dismiss, without refund, any person who is found to have a communicable illness. This is to prevent the spread of illness among other campers and staff.
10. The duties and obligations of Camp hereunder may be suspended immediately, without notice, due to force majeure events including, but not limited to, acts of God, fire, war, governmental action, terrorism, communicable illness, epidemic, pandemic, or any other event beyond Camp's control. If such an event occurs, Camp operations may be suspended or postponed until such time as Camp, in its sole discretion, determines it may safely re-open. No portion of fees shall be refunded, credited, abated or otherwise excused to the extent a force majeure event results in the closing, suspension or postponement of, or otherwise adversely affects, Camp operations.
11. Camp Thunderbird assumes no responsibilities for loss or damage to any items brought to family camp.
12. Camp insurance does not cover replacement costs of items stolen or damaged, either in or out of camp. Camp recommends checking with your insurance agent on this matter.